We live in a historical home that was built in 1917. The house holds a lot of history, which I will get into in another blog post, but because of that historical significance I have been really unsure of painting…
*This post may include amazon links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Summer is all about enjoying time outdoors with friends and family. That means dinners on the porch or patio as often as possible! Here are some tips to make dining alfresco elegant and stress free!
Whenever I set a table for dining outside I like to think of it as an extension of my indoor dining table. The same rules for setting a table inside would apply:
- Make it your own. Always set a table the reflects your personality.
- Keep all your dining essentials well stocked. Make sure you have outdoor dining utensils, plates, and cups as well as serving trays and serving spoons.
- Create a table to set the mood. Summer tables most often are casual but don’t forget how pretty a fancy outdoor table can look as well for special occasions.
- Don’t use anything too precious that you would freak out if it gets broken.
- Melamine “plastic” dishes are your friend! They are gorgeous and trendy and just perfect for outdoor dining! There are so many beautiful and trendy and elegant designs available. Plus many melamine and plastic table items can go right into dishwasher.
- I love using real linen napkins and tablecloths as they elevate the mood of the table. I especially am loving gingham print in ALL the colors!
Pink Cloth Gingham Napkins
Blue Gingham Tablecloth
Coastal Living Seascapes Seaside Seashore Melamine Dinner Plates 11-Inch, Set of 4 (Blue Green Sea Turtle)
Unbreakable Acrylic Outdoor Glasses
Fuchsia Round Placemat
SUMMER OUTDOOR DINING CENTERPIECES
My favorite part of setting a table is arranging the flowers!
I like to repeat flowers in small containers down the center of an outdoor table! They look extra pretty
I would advise to keep your flower arrangement super simple, and again let it reflect your personality in terms of colors you use and height and width of flower. I love pink heirloom roses in the summer, so that is my usual go-to arrangement.
WHAT TO EAT
Plan out a few amazing no-fail outdoor dining menus and perfect them. Make them simple and easy!
Here’s one of my favorites
These dishes allow you to Prep and make as much as you can ahead of time. And voila, you will have a no stress outdoor dining setup!
Dining outdoors is a a wonderful experience and perfect way to gather friends and family together! Make some wonderful and beautiful memories this summer by dining outside!